SHAPT PROUDLY PRESENTS...
SHAPT Member- $30; Non-Member- $45
* Calendar is subject to change.
Embodied Self-Care for Play Therapists:
Reigniting your Passion and Wonder
Presented by: Renee Turner, Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S
Saturday, May 2, 2020 9am-12pm
Houston's First Baptist Church
7401 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024
Need to fill your tank? Come experience body-centered & somatic strategies geared toward discerning meaning and purpose as we reconnect you to your natural sense of wonder and joy as a play therapist. Interpersonal neurobiology and somatic framework utilized.
Through this training participants will be able to:
1. Define vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, burnout, and self-care and identify characteristics of these in the play therapist
2. Describe the triune brain and its role in self-regulation of the play therapist
3. Apply at least one somatic exercise geared toward discerning the play therapists meaning and purpose.
4. Create a somatic self-care plan to reduce play therapy burnout, vicarious trauma, and compassion fatigue.